POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY
-----------------------------
The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing
hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.
-- Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) Scottish Writer
-----------------------------
Nature does not bestow virtue; to be good is an art.
-- Seneca
-----------------------------
I run great risk of failing. It may be that I shall encounter ruin
where I look for reputation and a career of honor. The chances are
perhaps more in favour of ruin than of success. But, whatever may be
the chances, I shall go on as long as any means of carrying on the
fight are at my disposal.
-- Anthony Trollope (1815-1882) English Novelist
-----------------------------
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I
don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world
are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want,
and, if they can't find them, make them.
-- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) Irish Playwright
-----------------------------
It is a glorious achievement to master one's own temper.
-- Anonymous
-----------------------------
Babe Ruth hit more home runs than anyone; he also struck out more
often than anyone.
-- Anonymous
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment